Hi SCC-47106 -- we are excited to have Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons as part of the Wikia community! Thanks for joining us, and we'd like to give you some tips to help you get started on making your wiki great.
Your first four steps: Edit
1. Create your User Page - this is a great place to introduce yourself (and practice wiki-editing!)
2. Add a logo - learn how to create a logo image, then to add it to the wiki.
3. Create your first 10 articles - use the box on the right to create ten pages, starting each one off with a few sentences. For example if you are starting a wiki on a TV show, you might create an article for each main character and for each episode of the show.
4. Edit your Main Page - add internal links to the ten articles you just created, and any other improvements you can think of.
Once you've done these four things, you've created a great starting point -- your wiki looks friendly and ready for visitors. You can then invite some friends to help you create the next twenty pages, and expand the ones you've built.
Keep going! The more pages you create and link to each other, the sooner that others who are searching for "Captain Scarlet And The Mysterons" will be able find your project in search engines, read your content and join you in editing.
If you have more questions, we've provided a full set of help pages, or you can email us through our contact form. Don't forget to check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, organizing your pages, and more. Have fun!
Best wishes, Angela
DON'T WIPE OUT (TV SERIES) WITHOUT THE TV SERIES ITS GOES TO THE MAIN PAGE
On the Captain Brown page, would you please put the contents outside of the infobox like everybody else's wikia?
Once I know specifically how to do that, done.SCC-47106 21:17, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
I Need Your Help On My Template:infobox spectrum agent
jarod mighty Edit
Hey, Parker, I'm creating the same infobox of the original characters because in New Captain Scarlet, s01e02, Colonel White says, "It wasn't Captain Black--it was a Mysteron," because some characters wasn't because their mysterons so im creatin same seperate characters but different.
jarod mighty Edit
this is i created my own wikia and this is the wikia of captain scarlet and the mysterons & new captain scarlet because i didn't put gerry anderson's on the title their all 2 in 1
This user is dedicated to helping Captain Scarlet in the fight against the Mysterons.
i am the one who was known as chunkyman40000 created this wikia from now on you shall run this captain scarlet wikia i got my own wikia the same but different im leaving this wikia all to you.
May I "adopt"/become an administrator/bureaucrat on this wiki?
I cannot delete a profile. If you're referencing the "plagiarism" incident involving WeltonArsenal, I repeat: it took place on Thunderbirds Wiki. Not this one.
- No one on Thunderbirds Wiki is listening to me. Please can you leave WeltonArsenal on Thunderbirds Wiki and message (talk page: http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:WeltonArsenal) requesting he remove plagiarised content on the pages "Tracy Island" and "Firefly". I have asked him before and he deletes my messages. He must be thinking copyright is not a big deal.
Please can you block Guyus24 for six months? He's removed a message from WeltonArsenal's talk page; only WeltonArsenal should be removing content from his talk page. Guyus24 says it's defamatory content, but it's not: it's a fact. WeltonArsenal plagiarised from a copyrighted book and this is not acceptable. Thank you. Sniping is AwesomeSpeak to the Sniper 19:01, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
I will Adopt this WikiEdit
I'm going to contact Wikia and tell them I want to adopt this Wiki. If you don't voice any objections over the next week or so they will give it to me. Cheers. --Sigmund 2014 (talk) 21:09, December 9, 2017 (UTC)
How do you intend to adopt the wiki? I had started it, and I do not know of any way anyone else can "adopt" it.
Parker Gabriel (SCC-47106) 03:06, December 10, 2017 (UTC)
- OK, don't worry. I can't adopt it if you don't want me to. Now that you're back making edits, I'm not even going to try. Cheers. --Sigmund 2014 (talk) 09:55, December 10, 2017 (UTC)
Help on the home pageEdit
Hi Parker, I wanted to ask you if you might want some help on the home page of this wikia because I thought it looked a bit untidy compared to the other Gerry Anderson based wikias, I've seen. I've just created something that may look good on the home page, it's on this link: Welcome template. I didn't want to put it there without your permisssion first though, I thought should have first look. If you let me be a co-administrator I can help you transform your wikipedia into something special and fix the overhead banners and infoboxes for you and the wikipedia's background could be covered with the logo of Spectrum. I've loads of great ideas to make this wikipedia great especially since it was the anniversary of the show last year. Please message me back. Kindest regards DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 13:18, April 16, 2018 (UTC)
Hi Parker, thanks for answering back. I hoped you liked the template I sent you and I was also thinking of a link gallery where they can click on a picture to get on a certain topic such as Spectrum, the original television series, New Captain Scarlet etc. If we all work together, this will turn out to a great wikia. I hope I can help you out anyway I can. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 17:55, April 18, 2018 (UTC)
Hi Parker, I hope you like the way I have changed the Home page. I thought it would attract more attention for the readers. I also think there should be be a background of the Spectrum logo on the outside of this wikia. I also have a few ideas of some of the pages based on topics such as Spectrum and the original tv series. I suggest that having pages with just lists of things such as episodes and Spectrum Personnel shouldn't be just on one page itself, it should be on the page it is already related to. So it may be best to paste all the info from that page and put it on the page it is related to and then delete the list page. I also may make a page related to the new audio cds they published last year because I couldn't see any pages related to it. Kindest regards DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 22:55, April 19, 2018 (UTC)
Have I lost permission to edit anything on "Fandom" (Wikia) on grounds of my edits supposedly being vandalism when they are actually NOT??? What seems to give that I somehow cannot publish edits?
Parker Gabriel (SCC-47106) 07:37, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
Hi Parker, I think the reasons are the way you keep putting exclamation marks on the titles all the time, giving them too long names and highlighting and capitalizing bits that there is no need to. The episodes shouldn't be called installments and the titles don't have to be so specific and detailed, that's why you got blocked. I think you overdo the pages just like what you're doing on this wikia. The Mysterons title was fine, you didn't have to go overboard and change it. I hope this helps you. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 12:44, April 30, 2018 (UTC)
I didn't block youEdit
Hi Parker, I don't know what you're talking about, I NEVER BLOCKED YOU!. I only gave you some helpful advice on why someone else probably may of blocked you but it wasn't me. It's probably all just a misunderstanding, I thought we were working together to make this wikia special. I think someone is playing a cruel joke on you and you're upset, I understand that, but when you put that message on your talk page, I was just as surprised as you were. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 12:37, May 1, 2018 (UTC)
I apologize for having been so mistaken, and I stand corrected.
Parker Gabriel (SCC-47106) 07:18, May 4, 2018 (UTC)
I'm pleased you like what I've done to the pages. I was just wondering why there is more than one Lunarville 7 episode page. I feel that the one I created was just fine, but I found another one that you've written called an instalment. One of them may have to be deleted because it may confuse the person trying to find it. I feel my one called "Lunarville 7" (episode) should be kept because I spent quite a long time creating that page and I'm very proud of it.
Please let me know what your decision is. Thanks.
Unable to mergeEdit
Sorry Parker, I'm not sure how to merge the pages together. I tried redirecting but it kept telling me that I had to ask permission from the administrator. Is there anyway you can just copy and paste stuff onto the other pages and delete the ones you don't need? other wise you may accidently end with more than one of the same page.
It comes in handy with being the founder of some of the wikias I have created:
- Highlight the box that says Edit
- Click on the option that says Delete
- You'll see a page history box with a delete page button, click on it and your problems are over.
That's the best way to remove pages you don't want.
I hope this helps you.
Thank you for your kind welcome, but I'm sure I can manage. I hope you don't mind if in future I write a page on the World Aquanaut Security Patrol to give some depth to Captain Grey and Lieutenant Green's backstories? Please let me know.
Call sounded for World Aquanaut Security Patrol articleEdit
The 05-07-2018 request for permission to write a page about the World Aquanaut Security Patrol is hereby responded to by sounding a call for exactly such an article to be written.
The purpose is to provide additional background information on both Captain Grey (Bradley John Holden) and Lieutenant Green (Seymour Roger Griffiths) of Spectrum, since both were indeed WASP personnel.
Parker Gabriel (SCC-47106) 05:50, August 2, 2018 (UTC)
You don't mind, do you?
Whoever so volunteered, by all means, WRITE the bloody article! Parker Gabriel (SCC-47106) 06:03, August 2, 2018 (UTC)
Hi Parker, I'm aware you're the founder and have no intention of upsetting things, neither am I someone who vandalizes pages on wikis especially since I have a few wikis of my own that I take great pride in. There may be others who are doing this that probably don't even have usernames that you may have to watch out for. Just a bit of friendly advice. Like you I haven't been on this wiki for a while and I just tidied up the Welcome template to be more straight forward and understandable to the viewers. I have also thought about colour-coding the character page templates just like I did on the Gerry Anderson wiki. I've done some great edits on it that I'm especially proud of. If you could please promote properly to admin, I can help you in making this wiki just as great as all the other Gerry Anderson based wiks. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 23:54, July 27, 2020 (UTC)
Thanks Parker, I appreciate it and I've already colour-coded the character template for Captain Scarlet. I hope it looks good.
Styling up the WikiEdit
Hi Parker, I've done some alterations to the theme of this wiki, making it more special and eye catching to the public, I hope you like it. If there is anything else that could be added to make look more good, please let me know. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 20:31, July 28, 2020 (UTC)
Hi Parker, I've just asked a user named Guyus24 who has done a lot of great work on some other Gerry Anderson wikis to help us out with this one, even giving him a link to it, if that is okay with you. I'm sure you'd appreciate all the help you could get to make this wiki special. I'm also glad you like the theme I used on this wiki. Always happy to help. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 18:53, July 29, 2020 (UTC) I've just asked him, I'm waiting for a response on wheter he wants to or not. If he does, you can have a nice talk with him on his talk page. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 23:01, July 29, 2020 (UTC)
Guyus24 has responded and said no thank you. It seems you have a reputation of upsetting other users, which is why people find it hard to take part or add anything to your wiki, after reading all the comments and messages made by them. Even your picture doesn't look very friendly or inviting to others , but I've been gracious enough to give you a chance and help you. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 00:47, July 30, 2020 (UTC)
Some Friendly AdviceEdit
Hi Parker, I hope this friendly advice will help you:
- Make your profile page more interesting, describing a bit about yourself and also that you welcome anyone to help or add to your wiki.
- Change your picture to something that is more cheerful and exciting, as your picture looks a little unfriendly. You could even include one of your favourite Captain Scarlet character if you wanted to.
- Contribute to other wikis and have a friendly chat to other users and founders on your ideas and ask how you can help them and in return they may get them to help on your wiki.
- Sometimes strange things happen on wikis that cannot be explained. Sometimes there are people who do plagerize or vandalize, but most of the time it is not deliberate, so access the situation properly before jumping to conclusions.
- If you have had a disagreement, try to set things right with whom you've offended. Sometimes, they will not always return the gesture, but at least you're doing the right thing.
- If anyone else contributes to your wiki, give them a warm welcome and ask them for any ideas or if they want to contribute in anything, sometimes they may even ask themselves.
- Appreciate people's input and if it is something you don't fully agree with, let them know, but in the nicest way possible, try not to be harsh or too strict, especially if you don't like being treated in that way yourself.
- If someone wants to adopt, it means that they want to be a administrator or someone who can help on the wiki. You do have the right to choose who you want as an administrator or beaurocrat, but if they have things that would really help your wiki, it is best to see what they can do first.
- Everyone who participates and puts effort into the wiki, is important, treat each person like they are special.
- Every wiki is an area for having fun and sharing ideas, each person's ideas can make a difference.
Thanks and ideas for new pagesEdit
I'm glad you like the template, I'm also going to include one for the Spectrum Crafts and Vehicles. I've noticed that there isn't a page for the one of the classic series vehicles called the Maximum Security Vehicle (MSV) so we'll have to include that and add a few more of the ones of the CGI series. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 12:35, August 3, 2020 (UTC)
I've managed to change the wallpaper theme and edited the templates. The gif picture I've used is great for placing both the logos in at the same time. I hope you've considered my ideas as well. DisneyFan18111928 (talk)
Thanks Parker, I'm happy to help. I hope you like what I did for the Spectrum Organisation, Spectrum Equipment and craft and Vehicles pages and you've taken into consideration that we should do a page for the OCS vehicle called the Maximum Security Vehicle. This wiki is starting to look great now. I think we'll need do some alterations to the episode pages and also make a navbox for them as well. DisneyFan18111928 (talk) 21:40, August 8, 2020 (UTC)
Maximum Security VehicleEdit
Great Parker, I'll add a picture to it.