The Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle, also known as the SPV, is a high-speed pursuit and combat vehicle used by Spectrum personnel. Its driver sits facing the rear, operating the vehicle by a sophisticated computer-controlled monitor screen linked to sensors and cameras. Fitted with communication and life-support systems, the vehicle can be hermetically sealed, and many such vehicles are kept in secret locations throughout the world.
Captain Blue is considered one of the best SPV drivers in Spectrum; Captain Scarlet's skills driving these motorised behemoths, however, are not quite as good, as he crashes the SPV he is driving in at least one instalment. Captain Black is also shown to be a good driver, having stolen one in order to evade capture from Spectrum in "Manhunt." Fanon adds that when he served as the first "Superintendent" of Koala Base, Captain Black trained all the Spectrum senior staff (let alone the Angels) in how to drive it.
The SPV's primary weapon is a forward-mounted multi-function perrion cannon that can fire a variety of shells and missiles.
- Length: 25 feet
- Width: 8 feet
- Weight: 8 tons
- Maximum speed (on land): Initially 200 mph; design modifications in March 2069 saw increase to 250 mph
- Maximum speed (on water): 50 knots (57.54 mph)
- Seating capacity: 3 (two drivers and one passenger)
- Base vehicle: World Army Air Force "Zeus" Combat Tank of 2064
- Fuel capacity: 500 gallons
- Fuel consumption: 25.7 miles per gallon
- Range: 12,850 miles
- Engines: 2 rear aqua-jets for water travel
- Construction material: Fleetonium alloy
Known SPVs employed, and their requisition stations
Each time either Captain Scarlet or Captain Blue needed any one of these vehicles, they would go through the procedure of showing their Spectrum Identification to the attendants who worked there, so they could requisition that one.
- SPV 021, Location: Workshop, New York City Airport, USA ("Place of Angels")
- SPV 60E, Location: Grain Silo, Farm, North Devon, England (Captain Scarlet Versus Captain Black)
- SPV A69, Location: Swift Removals Van, Delta Filling Station, 60 miles southwest of centre of London, England ("The Mysterons")
- SPV A75, Location: Auld Lang Syne Whisky Plant, Glen Garry, Scotland ("The Trap")
- SPV 104, Location: Underground Bunker, Delta Filling Station, Arizona Desert, USA ("Special Assignment")
- SPV 105, Location: Caravan, Country Residence 30 miles from London International Airport, England ("Winged Assassin")
- SPV 428, Location: Village Emporium, Sahara Desert, North Africa ("Point 783")
- SPV 442, Location: Village Store, Canada ("Expo 2068")
- SPV 503, Location: Log Cabin, Frost Line Defense Area, Northern Canada ("Avalanche")
- SPV 0782, Location: Dummy Oil Storage Tank, Delta Filling Station, Stone Point Village, Midlands, England ("Manhunt")
- SPV 1034, Location: Dummy Oil Storage Tank, Delta Refinery, Bensheba District, Arabia ("Fire at Rig 15")
- SPV Classified, Location: Casino, Monte Carlo, Monaco, Southern France ("Model Spy")
|Spectrum Craft and Vehicles|
New Captain Scarlet